Is vitamin A helpful in getting rid of stretch marks?
Yes. A stretch mark is a type of scar caused by ruptured collagen and elastin in the dermis. Vitamin A is important for the development of collagen, which plays a crucial role in keeping our skin strong and elastic.
Also, local treatments with retinoids (derivative of vitamin A) such as tretinoin cream can help restore damaged collagen.
Can stretch marks disappear on their own?
Yes. Sometimes when the cause of stretch marks is no longer present, the stretch marks can disappear on their own. However, in most cases, they just become less visible and fade over time.
Which oils are beneficial for treating stretch marks?
Bitter almond oil as a base mixed with bitter orange oil, patchouli oil, neroli oil, pomegranate oil, or lemon oil may help reduce stretch marks.
What can be the possible consequences of a ruptured ovarian cyst?
Possible consequences of a ruptured ovarian cyst are acute pelvic pain (likely on the side of ruptured ovarian cyst), acute hemorrhage and possible anemia, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, lower back pain, and groin pain.
What can cause an ovarian cyst to rupture?
Ovarian cysts may rupture because they have reached a certain size and cyst walls cannot hold the pressure inside anymore.
Can ovarian cysts lead to ovarian cancer?
Only a very small percentage of ovarian cysts (usually less than 1%) may develop into ovarian cancer.
But the risk of developing into ovarian cancer increase with advanced ages, especially after 60. And with complex cysts, with septations and nodules, the chance of cancer is higher.
Can ovarian cysts cause fertility problems?
It depends on the type of ovarian cysts. If the cyst is endometrioma or chocolate cyst, fertility is significantly compromised by the presence of chocolate cysts.
If it is just a simple follicular cyst, there is no effect on fertility.
Do bunions get worse if left untreated?
Yes. If you leave your bunion unattended, it will get increasingly difficult to fit shoes, and the pain worsens because bunions are a progressive deformity, which means it gets worse if left untreated.
How do we stop a bunion from progressing without surgery?
Nothing can stop the progression of the bunion, and you can only reverse it with surgery. The one thing that can slow down the progression is custom orthotics. Please see your nearest podiatrist to get one fitted, if you are not ready to surgically correct your bunion.
Can bunions grow back after surgery?
Yes, if the wrong procedure is selected to repair the bunion. Be sure to consult your surgeon to ensure the correct procedure is done to keep your bunion from coming back.
Should people suffering from bunions wear bunion correctors?
In my opinion, those don’t really work in the long term, but it may help a little in the short term for only pain reduction. Remember, these devices have not shown to reverse the deformity.
Is it possible for morning sickness to come and go?
Yes, most pregnant women have periodic episodes of morning sickness that typically begin somewhere between the fourth and seventh weeks of pregnancy.
In 90% of the morning sickness cases, the symptoms tend to be most pronounced around the ninth week and usually subside by the 20th week. In the remaining 10% cases, the symptoms may follow an unconventional trajectory.
There is no set pathological pattern when it comes to such atypical cases, which can be marked by persistent sickness throughout the course of the pregnancy or fluctuating symptoms (on/off periods).
Please provide some important tips and points for taking care of morning sickness for the benefit of our readers.
Most cases of morning sickness are easily manageable at home without the need for any medical intervention.
Although there are anti-sickness drugs available, you should try a few simple self-care measures before resorting to medication.
Your legs have to carry the entire load of your body, and they are bound to run out of steam...Read more
Key Points Earwax, or cerumen, is secreted inside your ear canals and forms a sticky, protective covering over the delicate...
Key Points High androgen levels, obesity, and genetics play defining roles in the occurrence of PCOS. Women with PCOS are...
Key PointsPeriodontitis is the advanced stage of gingivitis. It is caused by the increased buildup of oral bacteria below the...
Heat and cold therapies are two nonmedicinal interventions that are commonly used to relieve pain and swelling, often in conjunction...
GERD is a long-term digestive disorder characterized by the frequent backflow of acidic stomach contents into the esophagus, a hollow...
Key Points Earwax, or cerumen, is secreted inside your ear canals and forms a sticky, protective covering over the delicate inner lining of the ear canal.When there is excessive production of earwax, your ear...