In this article:
Professional hair treatments generally aim at reducing fizziness and rejuvenating the lost hair shine. They are done to make the hair look healthy.
Treatment options for the hair have grown a lot in the last decade.
First came hair botox, and then came more options such as nanoplastia or nanoplasty. Although they both are quite similar, there are key distinctions in the effects these two hair treatments deliver.
Dive a little deeper into the world of professional hair treatments to understand what they are so that you can make an informed decision on your next trip to the salon.
Hair Botox Versus Nanoplastia
|It makes the hair more manageable and not completely straight.
|It eliminates curls and makes hair more manageable.
|It lasts for 2-4 months.
|It lasts for more than 6 months.
|It employs conditioning agents.
|It uses nanoparticle technology.
Which Hair Treatment Is More Suitable for You?
The best treatment option for you will depend on the outcome you’re looking for your hair and your hair type (dry, oily, frizzy, etc.).
Straightness of the hair
According to experts, nanoplastia treatment is better than hair botox if you are looking for straight hair.
If you only wish for more manageable and smoother hair without completely straightening it or eliminating your curls, you can go with hair botox.
Nanoplastia is a more intensive treatment that targets deep repair and restructuring of the hair.
Duration of results
The results of hair botox can last for several weeks, gradually fading with time and regular washing. The results of nanoplastia can last for a longer duration, typically up to a few months.
Hair botox is generally more affordable compared to nanoplastia. It can be a cost-effective option for regular maintenance and improving the hair’s condition.
Hair botox prices can start from approximately $50 to $375 on average, whereas nanoplastia treatments range from $250 to $800.
Why Is Nanoplastia Generally Recommended Over Other Treatments?
Here’s why nanoplastia is preferred for hair conditioning and smoothening over other options, according to hair stylists and experts:
- In nanoplastia, organic ingredients are used rather than harmful ones, such as formaldehyde in keratin treatments.
- Nanoplastia not only conditions the hair but also straightens them.
- The effects of nanoplastia stay longer than other treatments. Nanoplastia lasts for around 6 months.
- Results of nanoplastia are observable instantly after the treatment.
- Nanoplastia has almost no side effects.
What Is Hair Botox?
Hair botox is a safe hair treatment. It is a deep-conditioning method that covers the hair with compounds that are helpful in getting fuller, thicker, and healthier hair, such as keratin.
After hearing the term botox, needles may come to your mind, but the truth is, in hair botox, no real needles are involved.
According to hairstylists and professionals, hair botox may have antiaging activity as it repairs hair damage, thereby promoting healthy hair.
Hair botox is not a term for only one specific type of treatment; there are many different formulas available for hair botox based on your hair texture. Hair botox is a very broad term.
This treatment can aid in smoothening, hydrating, and strengthening your hair. In fact, hair care professionals often suggest it to people who get their hair colored.
The ingredients found in hair botox include vitamins, fatty acids, protein hydrolysates, silicones, vegetable oils, and cationic surfactants. (1)
How is hair botox performed?
Hair botox is primarily performed with the objective of filling in any broken and thinning areas on your hair strands.
Here are the steps:
- Hair styling professionals start the treatment by shampooing your hair, which is important to open the cuticles and make your hair ready for the conditioning agent.
- The hair botox filler is then used on the hair strands, often accompanied by a head massage from the roots all the way to your hair ends.
- The treatment is left to stay on your hair for 20–90 minutes.
What Are the Benefits of Hair Botox?
The benefits of hair botox depend upon the type of product and formulation used, mostly all of them provide your hair with a lot of nutrition and strength.
Here are some notable benefits of this treatment:
- They restore hair health after the excessive removal of sebum from the hair shaft caused by shampoos or other styling products.
- A hair botox treatment that contains vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) provides oxygen to the scalp for healthier hair. Vitamin B5 has been used to treat alopecia as it promotes hair growth. (2)
- A hair botox treatment that contains natural fatty acids such as omega-3 makes the hair fuller. Studies have demonstrated fatty acid treatments have the potential to reduce hair loss and improve hair condition. (3)
- Hair botox is also used to recondition the hair after professional chemical treatments such as waving, straightening, and coloring. (4)
What Is Nanoplastia?
Nanoplastia is a recently developed technique of hair straightening and restoration. Experts have deemed it a good alternative to keratin treatment with an organic recipe. Nanoplastia provides either the same or sometimes even nicer result than a keratin treatment without causing any hair damage.
Nanoplastia treatment repairs and provides nutrition to your hair. It gives your hair a healthy and smooth appearance.
Nanoplastia products contain amino acids, collagen, oils, and other ingredients that stimulate better penetration of products into the hair.
Nanoplastia is a result of great technological interventions that utilize nanoparticles to smoothen the hair without affecting the strength of your hair.
Other ingredients found in nanoplastia products may include plant extracts, amino acids, and oils.
How is nanoplastia performed?
Here’s a simplified explanation of how nanoplastia is done on the hair:
- The hair is first washed and prepared for the treatment.
- The nanoplastia product, in the form of a cream or serum, is applied to the hair strands.
- In some cases, heat may be applied to the hair after the nanoplastia product has been applied.
- Once the nanoplastia treatment is complete, the hair is rinsed thoroughly to remove any excess product.
Note: The exact formulation and procedure may vary depending on the specific brand or salon offering the nanoplastia treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Nanoplastia?
Nanoplastia is praised by experts as it has a lot of advantages including:
- Provides effective and fast results
- Makes the hair healthy and stunning
- Is a safe procedure
- Straightens the hair without causing loss of hair integrity
Why Are Hair Botox and Nanoplastia Better Than Keratin?
Experts share that even though hair botox treatments sound similar to keratin treatment, there are some notable differences. Hair botox and nanoplastia do not use or produce formaldehyde, which is a carcinogen (cancer-causing substance), whereas keratin treatment might. (5)
Professionals also claim that hair botox and nanoplastia are not chemical-based and only act as conditioning treatments to rejuvenate and rebuild dry and damaged hair, whereas a keratin treatment employs chemicals that are used to make the hair smooth and frizz-free.
How Long Does Hair Botox Last?
Hair botox is semipermanent, and it can stay for 2–4 months based on how frequently you wash your hair.
To help lengthen the effect of your treatment, use a hair mask weekly to conserve moisture and preserve your hair’s smoothness. Also, it is suggested that you use a sulfate-free shampoo to maintain the results.
How Long Does Nanoplastia Last?
Nanoplastia therapy involves biological ingredients that rejuvenate damaged hair locks, making them shiny, wiping out the curls, and leaving them soft and smooth for more than 6 months.
Does Hair Botox Contain Botox?
Botox for the hair doesn’t really include the botulinum toxin, which is the main component of Botox. Rather, it’s a name used based on how the product functions similar to skin botox.
Is hair botox safe?
The treatment is considered safe for use, but if you have sensitive skin, you may be prone to mild side effects such as irritation.
How often should I do hair botox?
The frequency of needing hair botox treatments relies on your hair care requirements. Experts suggest that, in general, you can go for deep-conditioning treatments 3–4 times every year to benefit your hair health.
Will nanoplastia straighten curly hair?
Yes, nanoplastia will straighten your hair.
Can I color my hair after nanoplastia?
Yes, you can color your hair after nanoplastia.
What can I do for my hair at home after nanoplastia?
It is firmly suggested to use sulfate-free shampoos to care for your hair after nanoplastia.
You must have seen banners and advertisements for hair botox or nanoplastia in salons or by famous hairstylists. These treatments are very recent but have become trendy in very little time.
A lot of celebrities and influencers share their positive experience with these treatments too. Both treatments smoothen your hair and make it shiny, glossy, and healthy. They have a ton of benefits and are great for your hair.