In this article:
As an age-old saying goes, you are what you eat. Your diet impacts every aspect of your health, from your gut to your skin and hair.
Having spotless, radiant skin is a distant dream for many people. The multibillion-dollar skin care industry proves this fact effectively.
However, there are also many natural and affordable ingredients in your kitchen that can help you achieve this dream without burning a hole in your pocket. Consuming beneficial vegetables loaded with antioxidants and nutrients can help heal your skin from the inside.
DIY Juice Recipe
Here’s how to make a powerful juice that will leave your skin glowing:
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large tomato
- 1 piece of ginger
- Mint leaves
Appliances and utensils:
- Measuring cup
- Fruit peeler
- Wash all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Peel and chop the carrots. Extract carrot juice using a juicer.
- Peel the thumb-sized ginger and extract its juice using the juicer again.
- Add both carrot and ginger juice to a blender.
- Add a handful of mint leaves and a tomato to the blender.
- Add 5 drops of lemon juice and some crushed ice to the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients well until they are perfectly blended.
- Strain this mixture to extract the juice in a glass.
- Drink this juice once a day for best results.
Note: You may add other vegetables from the list or remove any according to your preferences.
Kitchen Ingredients for Healthy Skin
Here are some nutritious fruits, vegetables, greens, and spices that should be consumed regularly for healthy and glowing skin:
Carrots are a great source of vitamins A and C, beta carotene, and other antioxidants.
Beta carotene can be very favorable for your skin health. It helps add a natural glow to your face and brighten your skin tone. (1) Beta carotene also helps prevent UV damage to your skin due to sun exposure.
Ginger is rich in antioxidants gingerol and curcumin, both of which can soothe your skin and aid in naturally healing acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
Antioxidants fight free radicals, resulting in smooth and glowing skin. (2) The high nutrient content of ginger also boosts collagen production and prevents wrinkles in the skin.
Lemons are filled with potent antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that can help refresh your skin and protect it from pollutants. Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which can help get rid of dark spots and brighten your skin complexion.
Cucumbers are extremely hydrating and can moisturize your skin effectively. The high water content of cucumbers helps get rid of toxins from your body. (4) Cucumbers also contain silica, which can help rejuvenate your skin and keep it soft and smooth.
Spinach is filled with vitamins such as vitamins A, E, B, C, and K, minerals such as iron and manganese, and several antioxidants. All of these nutrients are beneficial for the skin; they can enhance blood circulation and smoothen your skin to give it a radiant glow.
Regular consumption of tomatoes can help get rid of hyperpigmentation or dullness, giving you spotless, glowing skin.
ALSO READ: Tomatoes for Beauty: Why and How to Use Them
Cinnamon is a very beneficial spice. It has potent antioxidant and antiseptic properties that can help fight acne. Cinnamon also contains astringent properties that help shrink your pores, resulting in smooth skin.
Mint leaves also contain astringent qualities that help tighten your pores to even out your skin tone. Mint leaves are rich in the antioxidant rosmarinic acid, which promotes blood flow to your facial skin and nourishes it.
Kale is a nutritious vegetable full of vitamins and minerals. The abundant vitamin C in kale promotes skin rejuvenation and gives you smooth, glowing skin. Kale also contains considerable amounts of vitamin K and calcium, which boost collagen production to tighten your skin and give it a younger look.
- Always wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly to get rid of impurities.
- Make sure to drink the juice immediately after preparing it for maximum benefit.
- Always use fresh ingredients. Avoid the use of canned fruits or vegetables as they contain chemical preservatives and artificial flavors.
- Remember to consult a doctor before making any major changes in your diet, especially if you suffer from any chronic diseases.
You can use fruits and vegetables in face masks or face washes, but the best method to extract their benefits is the way they were intended to be used – through consumption.
Regular consumption of these nutritious foods will cleanse your skin from the inside out to give you a naturally radiant and healthy complexion.