Dr. Shahram Shamloo obtained his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the internationally recognized Temple University School of Dentistry. He is knowledgeable in many facets of dentistry, including cosmetic, restorative, prosthodontics, pediatric, and implant procedures.
He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. In this capacity, he teaches and supervises third- and fourth-year dental students of the doctoral program in the clinics where they see patients.
Dr. Shamloo is in private practice in the city of Philadelphia and a good portion of his time is also devoted to seeing pediatric and special needs patients. He provides comprehensive dentistry to patients of all ages and is known for his gentle approach, outstanding clinical skills, and extreme professionalism. He is also a member of the Academy of General Dentistry.
- Co-Owner/Investment Partner at Huntingdon Valley Dentistry – Huntingdon Valley, PA
- Associate Dentist at Eagle Crest Pediatric Dentistry – Havertown, PA
- Dentist/Co-Owner at Premier Dentistry of Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
- Dentist at Kids Smiles – Philadelphia, PA
- Dentist/Co-Owner at Penn Premier Dental – Exton, PA
- Dentist at Gentle Dental – Haverford, PA
- Clinical Assistant Professor at the Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine – Philadelphia, PA
- Board Member Program Advisory Committee, EFDA Program, All State Career School – Essington, PA
- Occupation Specialist at Accreditation Review Committee, Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges – Essington, PA
- Medical Staff Member with OR Privileges, Nemours/Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children – Bryn Mawr, PA
- Children’s Seashore House
- Action AIDS
- The Greater Philadelphia Food Bank
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Outstanding Achievement Scholar – Temple University (academic)
- Vivacqua Endowment Scholarship – Temple University (full-tuition academic)
- Dean’s List – Temple University
- Honors’ Director’s List – Temple University
- The National Dean’s List
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Academy of General Dentistry
- National Society of Dental Practitioners
Presentations and Publications
- March 2004. Survey of Behavioral Science Practicum Programs in U.S. Dental Schools. Annual Session & Exhibit of the ADEA 2004. February 2004. Vol. 68. No. 2. Pg. 217.
- January 2003. Priming characteristics of peptide mimotopes of carbohydrate antigens. Vaccine. Vol 21 No 7-8.
- November 2001. Immunization with a Carbohydrate mimicking peptide augments tumor-specific cellular responses. International Immunology. Vol 13: No 11.
- April 2001. Immunization with DNA Construct of a Peptide Mimeotope Induces a Cross-Reactive anti-Carbohydrate Antibody which Binds to HIV-1 Envelope Glycoprotein and Inhibits the Adhesion of Dendritic cells to an Env Transfected Cell Line. The Fourth Annual Conference on Vaccine Research. Arlington, VA., p. 69.
- December 1999. Induction of Carbohydrate Cross-Reactive Immune Responses upon Immunization with Peptide Mimotope Minigen Encoded Plasmid Vectors. Molecular Approaches to Vaccine Design. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY., p. 61.
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) from Temple University School of Dentistry – Philadelphia, PA (2002 – 2006)
- BA, Anthropology (Human Biology Track) University Honors Program Distinction in Major Cum Laude from Temple University College of Liberal Arts – Philadelphia, PA (1997 – 2001)
- Diploma from Friends’ Central School – Wynnewood, PA (1993 – 1997)