Dr. Jeffrey has 40 years of diverse experience in the practice of primary care medicine. He completed his B.S. in biochemistry and microbiology at Oregon State University, where he also pursued his research on the protective effects of selenium against cadmium toxicity.
After graduating from the University of Oregon Medical School in Portland, he went on to complete a residency in Family Medicine at Oregon Health Sciences University.
After becoming a specialist in Family Medicine, Dr. Jeffrey joined the United States Public Health Service in Tacoma, Washington. Part of his responsibility in Tacoma was to provide Obstetrical care and primary care for indigent patients throughout the county, which required him to serve on the active staff of five hospitals.
After three years in Tacoma, he joined a group of Family Medicine Specialists in Springfield. During the 34 years of practice in Springfield, Dr. Jeffrey became involved in administrative committees at Mckenzie Willamette Hospital.
Over the last 20 years, he has been involved as chairman of several IT committees to bring information technology to Lane County in order to significantly improve the quality of medical care in this region. The majority of over 1000 practitioners working in this area have now adopted EMR systems through this effort.
He has also served as the president of LIPP for the past 5 years. This group of over 70 providers has been a major entity in delivering primary care in Lane County.
Currently, Dr. Jeffrey is working as a consultant for Nova Health in primary care where his role involves advising on best practices in primary care as well as teaching on various aspects of health care.
His interests outside of medicine include many church activities, running, and enjoying activities with a huge extended family.
- Served in Tacoma, Washington at a Family Clinic and Centennial Medical Clinic, Springfield Oregon, a 4 MD group after becoming a Commissioned Officer in the United States Public Health Service
- Senior Partner, Springfield Family Physicians, a group of 8 MDs, 5 PAs and 3 NPs
- Prime Care Partners, Coburg Road Primary Care Clinic
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Chair, IT Committee of Lane Independent Primary Providers
- Board Member, Lane Independent Primary Providers
- President of Lane Independent Primary Providers
- Member and Chair of IT Committee for Lane County ACO
- Executive Committee, Springfield Family Physicians
- Graduated Oregon Health Science University in 1978 with MD
- Graduated from Oregon State University in 1974 with BS in Pre-Medicine and Microbiology
- Completed a 3-year residency in Family Medicine in 1981 at Oregon Health Sciences University, where he was appointed Chief Resident in the 3rd year