Dr. Avni Pandya and is a board-certified family practice physician who has been working in the field of healthcare for 11 years ever since she completed her residency. Over the years, she has been able to achieve additional qualifications with ABQAURP and utilization review and with primary care fellowship in psychiatry at UC Irvine.
Dr. Pandya has also assisted the US government as a civilian contractor with the Department of Defense including the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and veteran’s administration. She was awarded for outstanding patient care at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton and received a plaque for outstanding service at Fort Irwin military base. She is licensed to practice telemedicine in 30 states, and takes immense pleasure in her work. She has several publications to her name and actively participates in any new technology that is at the forefront of medicine.
- Worked at University Prompt Care which involved urgent care management of pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients
- Family Medicine/Pediatric Physician with Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities at Fort Irwin Military Base in Ft. Irwin, California
- Physicians for Camp Pendleton Family Practice Program at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton.
- Worked as a locum tenens Physician at various Centers for Family Medicine
- Worked as a Family Practice Physician at Centers for Family Medicine, Cypress, CA
- Executive Health Resources physician advisor to hospitals on utilization review decisions regarding the appropriateness of admitting patients on an inpatient/observation/outpatient status after review of the patient’s admission chart and diagnostic test results
- CBOC Medical Director for the East Los Angeles clinic (associated with WLA VA Facility), Veterans Administration CBOC at Commerce, CA
- Worked with mentally challenged nursing home patients in the SNF units at Metropolitan State Hospital
- Assisted the US Coast Guard servicemen and women stationed at San Pedro, CA with routine medical care and urgent care matters
- Worked at Plushcare Telemedicine offering online urgent Care which involved management of HIV patients with PreP and PEP treatments.
- Employed at Los Angeles County Correctional System as a physician
- Served as Concentra Utilization Review Advisor
- Worked as a Family Practice Clinician at Livingstone Community Clinic
- Worked in Telemedicine providing online urgent care at MDLive
- Worked with SNF facilities like PACE, Heartbeat Health, Sound Physicians, and HouseCallMD to help evaluate elderly patients for routine medical evaluations via telemedicine and in-person rounding
- ABFM Board Certified in Family Medicine from the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM)
- ABQAURP/HCQM Board Certification from the ABQAURP/HCQM Utilization Review
- AAFP: American Academy of Family Physicians
- GAFP: Georgia Academy of Family Physicians
- CAFP: California Academy of Family Physicians
- AMA: American Medical Association
Publications and Presentations
- “Thoracic Castleman’s Disease: Implications for Resection.” Pandya A, Baumgartner F.J. Nguyen D, Omari BO, Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 1995 May; 59 (5).
- “Local Transverse Arch Repair for Type A Aortic Dissection.” Baumgartner FJ, Omari BO, Pandya A, Pandya A, Bethencourt DM. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 1997, November 64(5)1331-1332.
- “Ultrasonic Debridement of Mitral Calcification.” Baumgartner FJ, Pandya A, Omari BO, Pandya A, Turner C, Milliken JC, Robertson JM. Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Jul-Aug. 12(4): 240-2.
- “Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting in Patients with Profound Ventricular Dysfunction.” Baumgartner FJ, Omari BO, Goldberg S, Pandya AB, Pandya AB, Daland Am, Sun S, Millikin JC. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 1998; 25(2): 125-129.
- April 21-2,1999: National Student Research Forum Annual meeting at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. Research meeting supported by a grant from UCLA School of Medicine. Presentation of “Multivariate Treadmill Testing for Myocardial Ischemia in 553 Patients Indicates Important Differences in Sensitivity and Specificity between Patients <55 and >65 years Old.” And “Multivariate Treadmill Testing for Myocardial Ischemia in 450 Patients Indicates Important Differences in Sensitivity and Specificity among Diabetics and Nondiabetics.”
- January 29, 1999: Western Student Medical Research Forum (WSMRF) in Carmel, California. Presented abstract titled “Multivariate Treadmill Testing for Myocardial Ischemia in 553 Patients Indicates Important Differences in Sensitivity and Specificity between Patients <55 and >65 years Old.” Carmello Room, Carmel Mission Inn, Carmel, California.
- 1997: American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting at Dana Point Marriott Hotel.
Presentation of abstracts on “Ultrasonic Debridement of the Mitral Valve,” and “Transverse Arch Repair In the Management of Type A Aortic Dissection: An Alternative Surgical Approach.” Research work done with Dr. Fritz J. Baumgartner, Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences from the University of California, Riverside, 1996
- Doctorate in Medicine from the School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, 2001
- One year of Radiology Residency at Providence Hospital and Medical Center, Southfield, MI (2002)
- One year of Psychiatry Residency at King Drew Medical Center Los Angeles, CA (2003)
- Residency in Family Medicine from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA (2005-2008)
Last modified on: 24-05-2020